Interlibrary Loan Information:
- Make requests in person or over the phone. You must be a registered patron of the Marcus Public Library with no outstanding fines or fees. New library accounts are usually not eligible for Interlibrary Loan for a period of 30 days after a new account is made.
- There is a $2.00 per item to help offset the costs of returning the material to the lending library.
- Most loan periods are 3 weeks to 1 month in length, including mailing times. This is dependent on the library loaning the material.
- Newly-published and/or popular items are usually not available from lending libraries until several weeks/months after publication.
- Received items will be held for 1 week upon arrival. If we cannot reach you, or you do not pick up the item, a $2.00 fine will be added to your account. Repeated failure to pick up an item will terminate your ability to use Interlibrary Loan in the future.
- We request that no more than 2 interlibrary loan items be requested per person at one time.
- Interlibrary loan is a great way to gain access to books we may not be able to purchase due to cost, availability, or collection development space.